Call For Presentations
https://forms.unm.edu/forms/conference_proposal 2019 Black Cultural Conference Call For Presenters
"Blackness Unchained: Erasing the Stigmas, Addressing our Mental Health"
The African American Student Services Center is proud to announce its Black Cultural Conference 2019. We invite faculty, staff, and students of higher education, researchers, K-12 educators, community leaders, administrators, non-profit partners, government agencies, and other professionals to participate in this three-day event. Together, we will develop dynamic conversations and networking opportunities.
We seek presentations and posters that accomplish any of the following:
- Builds on the knowledge base of historical and cultural advancements made by the African American/Black community, while exploring the emerging forward direction and next steps to take.
- Proposes a solution-based discussion that moves beyond solely identifying historical traumas or the problems/challenges faced by African Americans/Blacks, with an emphasis on moving towards answers that advance healing.
- Suggests new ideas and promising, creative practices for successful collegiate and/or career experiences.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion, cross-cultural relationships, and innovation.
- Directly connects to the theme: Blackness Unchained through education, leadership/professional development, health/wellness, and social justice.
- Leadership & Professional Development
- Health & Wellness
- Social Justice
May 1, 2019 - Call For Presentations Opens
August 14, 2019 - Deadline for Proposals and Posters
August 21, 2019 - Accepted Proposal Notification
Submit your proposal for the conference now.