Call For Proposals
2018 Black Cultural Conference Call For Proposals
"The Revolution Will Not Be #Hashtagged"
The African American Student Services Center is proud to announce its Black Cultural Conference 2018. We invite faculty, staff, and students of higher education, researchers, K-12 educators, community leaders, administrators, non-profit partners, government agencies, and other professionals to participate in this three-day event. Together, we will develop dynamic conversations and networking opportunities.
We seek proposals and posters that accomplish any of the following:
- Builds on the knowledge base of historical and cultural advancements made by the African American/Black community, while exploring the emerging forward direction and next steps to take.
- Proposes a solution-based discussion that moves beyond solely identifying historical traumas or the problems/challenges faced by African Americans/Blacks, with an emphasis on moving towards answers that advance healing.
- Suggests new ideas and promising, creative practices for successful collegiate and/or career experiences.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion, cross-cultural relationships, and innovation.
- Directly connects to the theme: The Revolution Will Not Be #Hashtagged through leadership/professional development, health, and social justice.
- Leadership/Professional Development
- Social Justice
June 1, 2018 - Call For Proposals and Posters Release
August 17, 2018 - Deadline for Proposals and Posters
August 24, 2018 - Accepted Proposal Notification
To Submit a Proposal Click HERE
To Submit a Poster Click HERE