Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity
Originally chartered and incorporated as Kappa Alpha Nu on April 15, 1911 at Indiana University, the name was changed to Kappa Alpha Psi effective April 15, 1915. At this time the fraternity acquired a distinctive Greek letter symbol and Kappa Alpha Psi officially became a Greek letter fraternity. The organization now has over 100,000 members in both alumni and undergraduate chapters across the nation.
According to the official web site, "Membership in Kappa Alpha Psi is a lifelong dedication to the ideas and lofty purposes of Kappa Alpha Psi, which considers for membership only those aspirants whose personal, social and academic qualifications are acceptable to both the College and Fraternity."
- Founded: January 15, 1911 at Indiana University, Bloomington, IN. Incorporated as a perpetual body in May, 1911.
- Official Colors: Crimson and Cream
- Official Symbol: Kappa Diamond
- Official Web Site: www.kappaalphapsi1911.com