2020 Summer Scholars Bridge Academy
Application Requirements and Checklist
This is a competitive, fast-paced summer academy. In order to maintain standards and ensure student success, there are requirements that must be met and followed in order for your application to be considered. Please see the requirements below.
Requirements and Expectations:
- Applicants must be accepted and attending the University of New Mexico for the Fall 2020 Term
- Applicants must enroll in and complete the New Student Orientation BEFORE attending the Summer Scholar Academy and provide confirmation of scheduled orientation.
- Submit proof of enrollment in an orientation session (confirmation email acceptable).
- 3.0 GPA Recommended
- ONE Letter of Recommendation (NO FAMILY MEMBERS)
- Must complete a 450-750 word interest essay which must answer the following questions:
- Details about your education and career goals.
- What is your involvement in the community? Why is community service important to you?
- Why do you want to participate in this summer academy?
- What are your expectations from this academy?
- Why do you think involvement in African American Student Services is important?
- A book scholarship will be given out in the Spring semester following active participation in African American Student Services for the Fall semester. This includes:
- Joining one or more student organization ran through AASS.
- Check-in at least once a month for one hour with Academy Staff
- Applicants will be expected to meet with Academy Staff for four consecutive semesters upon the completion of the program.
Please call to verify that application was received.