Black Girl Talk
The annual "Black Girl Talk" hosted by African American Student Services and Powerful Movement of Educated Sisters is a panel discussion for Black women/femme students in higher education. The purpose of this panel is to expose students to mentors both in academia and the Albuquerque community by asking each panelist to share their college experience story.
Each panelist is asked to discuss the following topics:
- How they navigated college as an undergraduate (and graduate if applicable)
- Experiences pertaining to beginning and ending relationships with family, friends, significant others, spirituality, etc.
- Obstacles they overcame while in school
- What advice would they tell their younger self
- Questions generated by the crowd
This event is held every academic year in September. For more information, please contact AASS or Powerful Movement of Educated Sisters.